17-year-old student faces felony charges for threat at Greendale H.S. | News
GREENDALE — Police have arrested a 17-year-old male student they say is responsible for writing a bomb threat in a bathroom at Greendale High School.
Detectives used school video surveillance, handwriting comparisons and interviews to narrow down the suspects. The teenager was taken into custody on Tuesday, September 25th.
The suspect, who is being held in custody, reported that he penned the threat in an attempt to disrupt Homecoming activities.
The suspect has been referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office on Wednesday, September 26th where he faces felony charges.
FOX6′s news partners at the Greendale Patch reported Tuesday, September 25th: “The student will face the school district’s usual and customary discipline process up to and including expulsion, according to a release from the district. The student will not be allowed to return to Greendale High School until the situation is resolved.”
The threat forced school officials to move the GHS Homecoming Dance to the Greendale Middle School on Saturday night. During that time, the high school underwent a couple of canine searches and was locked down for safety’s sake.
Another canine sweep was conducted at Greendale High School Monday.
Upcoming Events near Southwest
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man from South Milwaukee bound and burned to death in Atlanta
- Volunteers deliver Easter care packages to homebound seniors
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was “nagging” him
- Drivers take note: 16-mile stretch of I-94 to be resurfaced
- Neighbors “heartbroken” elderly couple involved in murder/attempted suicide
- Accused of “sexting” 14-year-old girl, Michael Gawlitta will stand trial
- Scammers use identity theft to steal IRS tax refunds
- Crews on scene of fire at old Briggs & Stratton facility in West Allis
- Household hazardous waste collection held in West Allis
- Fire breaks out on same block where fire killed three children last year